This coming Thursday, May 9 we will have an event at Crandon High School hosting Wisconsin State Broadband Director Angie Dickison as we craft a message and strategy on Forest County’s needs and efforts to improve its broadband capacity. Our Forest County Broadband Team is busy preparing for this important gathering. But what matters most is what we do after the event. Our follow-up will have to be vigilant about: (1) public education – explaining to an occasionally skeptical public why this so important to our county; (2) about grant opportunities from state and federal sources; and (3) working with local providers and local communities to determine areas of greatest need. The education of our kids, attracting new residents to spend money here but also to be part of our workforce is all dependent upon the best broadband service. This is a key ingredient-perhaps the key ingredient – to the future of Forest County.
FOREST COUNTY BROADBAND INITIATIVE PRESENTATION
THURSDAY, MAY 9, 2019 @ 6:00 P.M.
CRANDON HIGH SCHOOL GYM
(PLEASE BE SEATED BY 5:45)
FOREMOST FOREST COUNTY
Our mission is to make Broadband service available to every resident and location in Forest County. Ultimately we strive to create the SMART county model for all Wisconsin rural counties.
There will be multiple presentations explaining Forest County Broadband needs. Plan on hearing great information with insight on topics such as:
• Emergency services…connecting our county
• E-medicine…a trend requiring our County’s preparation
• Education…the needs of our County students
• Broadband providers…discussing technology
• Local business leaders…moving forward and workforce needs
• County and Native American tribal leaders…the power of working together
• Hear from knowledgeable speakers sharing the necessity for Forest County to improve Broadband services and how it affects all County residents and our future.
• In attendance will be Angie Dickison, State Broadband Director. Also attending will be Secretary Sarah Meaney, Department of Tourism, Wisconsin Dept. of Transportation Economic Development, a representative from Congressman Sean Duffy’s office as well as numerous state and local representatives.
THIS IS A PUBLIC EVENT…PLEASE ATTEND AND BE INFORMED ON THIS IMPORTANT TOPIC. THE PROGRAM WILL CONCLUDE AT 7:00 P.M.