Crandon Middle School Leadership Council is inviting families to participate in Rudolph’s Reindeer Run Scavenger hunt as part of Crandon’s Christmas on Main Street event. The scavenger hunt highlights various businesses and organizations that are participating in this annual holiday event. Youth brainstormed the idea of a scavenger hunt as part of a discussion on sharing their voice in community projects.
Access to a smart phone and the GooseChase app are required to participate in the Reindeer Run Scavenger Hunt. Families interested in a technology-free Christmas on Main Street event can pick up a Santa Passport at the Forest County Chamber office the day of the event.
Scavenger hunt participants should:
- Download the GooseChase app in the Apple IOS or Android app store
- Choose to play as a guest, or register,
- Search for and select the “Rudolph Reindeer Run: Christmas on Main Street”, or by code “R3BR49”
- Follow the prompts to select or create a team. If you create a team as a guest, make sure you write down your access code for others. Teams may consist of up to 5 people. All ages are welcome to participate, but each team must have at least one youth under 18 and an adult age 21 or over.
- The scavenger hunt will start at 5:00 p.m. and end at 6:45 p.m. You may download the app and create your teams prior to the starting time.
- Complete the scavenger hunt to earn points. Teams will be asked to submit pictures and/or videos of their team at each spot identified within Forest county. Points will be earned for each submission. Teams that earn 600 or more points in the game will be eligible to win $25 in Forest County Chamber Bucks. Winners will be announced shortly after the game has ended.
Questions? Contact Michelle @ 715-889-1097 before or during the game!