Vaping is on the rise, and our youth are at risk. Parents and caregivers, you can help.
Think your teens aren’t listening? Studies show they are.
Did you know?
- Close to half of Wisconsin students in grades 9-12 have tried vaping. One in five has vaped in the past 30 days. [2019 Youth Risk Behavior Survey. ]
- Until about age 25, the brain is still growing. Nicotine exposure during adolescence can harm brain development and cause addiction.
Tips for a Healthy Discussion
- Know the facts
- Choose the right time and place
- Compliment youth’s good judgement
- Ask open-ended questions
Get the Facts. Know the Risks.
- Surgeon General : Get the Facts
- Surgeon General : Know the Risks
- Wisconsin Native American Tobacco Network
- Latino Youth Information
- LGBTQ Youth Information
Know the Signs
Look for vape products, unexplained sweet scent, increased thirst, craving changes, nosebleeds, skin irritation, sleep disturbances, passing on caffeine, and changes in emotional state including irritability.